There is something so special about creating a meal solely from my local Farmers Market! Summer Squash, Mushroom & Basil Pasta is an easy meal that will satisfy your savory cravings.
Making this dinner for a family of four took little to no effort, yet looks like your time was spent in the kitchen… aka it tastes luxurious!
Once again, you could always switch out a few of the vegetables for your favorites or seasonal vegetables at your local Farmers Market! For example, you could switch out the mushrooms for summer zucchini. However, I will say that this combination of vegetables and herbs hits the ball out of the park!
One of my favorite reasons to cook pasta is the fact that there is SO MUCH that you can do with it! Whether you choose to make it a sweet dish or a savory dish, bake it or cook it, plus there is so many ingredients that pair so well with a high-quality pasta!
While cooking the summer squash and mushrooms in the extra virgin olive oil, the flavors are released to create this buttery, heart-warming taste that is too good not to enjoy!
The touch of fresh, chopped basil adds back this earthy flavor that was lost while the vegetables were cooking. Adding a bright touch to the dish and bringing it in for a home run!
Although this meal is light on your palette, it is very hearty and satisfying… making it perfect for a family dinner! Especially since it can be made so easily and within 20 minutes!
I think it is time to grab our aprons and begin cooking!
Summer Squash, Mushroom & Basil Pasta
- 8 Cremini Mushrooms, about 2 cups when quartered
- 2 large Yellow Squashes, about 2 cups when sliced
- 6 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Dried Italian Herbs
- 13.2 oz Paccheri Dry Pasta
- 1 cup Fresh Basil, lightly chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions, until al dente.
- In the meantime, add 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil to a large pan over medium heat. Add in the sliced squash and quartered mushrooms. Stir in the dried Italian herbs, sea salt, and black pepper to the pan. Cover the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the pasta is cooked and drained, add it to a large bowl with the remaining 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil. Add in the cooked vegetables and chopped fresh basil. Stir to combine ingredients. Serve warm.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! xxL
What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?
Mark 8:36 NIV