This frittata has lasted my family for almost 3 days now of breakfast. Here’s the thing, you don’t need a large slice to fulfill you for breakfast, because all the delicious ingredients inside of the frittata are perfectly satisfying in each bite. The Sweet Potato, Broccoli, Sausage & Mushroom Frittata is a game changer!
Personally, I think each day the frittata has even more flavor as the ingredients enjoy the presence of each other! It’s perfect to whip up the night before having friends and/or family coming over in the morning. I recommend just reheating it at 375F for 10-15 minutes, or until warm all the way through.
As always, get creative and have fun in the kitchen! Switch up any of these vegetables for your favorites! If you don’t like broccoli, then replace it with some other vegetable you like, such as kale or cauliflower or brussel sprouts…
This frittata is PACKED full of protein, vitamins and minerals that are amazing for your body! For instance, one egg can contain almost 7 grams of protein and also contain lutein which is a powerful disease-fighting agent! I am telling you, healthy food can taste absolutely divine!!!
Sometimes it is easy to get stuck in the mindset that things must be cooked a certain way to taste good, but I promise that getting creative in the kitchen is well worth it! The majority of times I change up recipes, it actually turns out better than the original recipe lol … Just have fun and trust your instincts!
Now who is ready to make this spring frittata? Let’s grab our aprons and begin cooking!
Sweet Potato, Broccoli, Sausage & Mushroom Frittata
- x2 Mild Italian Sausages, remove casing/skin
- 1/2 Bell Pepper, red, yellow, or orange
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- x10 Cremini Mushrooms, quartered
- x1 Sweet Potato, diced
- x1 Head of Broccoli, diced
- 10 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Yogurt, preferably whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or White Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage with the extra virgin olive oil for 7-10 minutes, or until completely cooked. Remove the sausage into a bowl, but keep the oil in the skillet.
- Add the diced sweet potato and diced broccoli. cook for 5 minutes. Add in the quartered cremini mushrooms and diced bell pepper. Cook until all vegetables are tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 10 eggs until they hold one single yellow color, about 2 minutes. Add in the milk and yogurt, whisk until well-combined.
- Add the cooked vegetables, sausage, black pepper, grated cheese, chopped cilantro and sea salt into the egg mixture. Using a spatula, gently mix all ingredients together until evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into a large pan or cast iron skillet that has been lightly greased with extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, until the eggs do not wobble in the pan.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and/or basil and spring onions. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Hope you enjoy! xxL