It’s is officially summertime… school is out, the sun is here to stay, and lemonade is always calling my name! With Mother’s Day being 2 days away, I wanted to make a lively and pleasant lemonade that would appeal to hopefully most moms this Sunday! …With that being said, I would like to introduce to you my Tangy Turmeric & Mint Lemonade!
…and may I say that this lemonade is AMAZING!
This lemonade is extraordinarily simple to make and has the ability to bring the whole family together for a nice sip of this tangy lemonade on a hot summer day!
My favorite part about making lemonade is the fact that you can make it your own drink… let your personality shine through your lemonade recipe! Add more honey to match you sweetness and kindness! If you absolutely love blackberries, than definitely add in some blackberries! Just have fun and don’t overthink it! As long as you don’t through in any savory and/or salty ingredients, than your lemonade should turn out just fine LOL … Trust in your own instincts!
I do recommend that you always strain your lemonade to ensure an ultra smooth and pure lemonade that doesn’t have any pulp and/or seeds. Personally, I think it enhances the tastes when lemonade has been filtered through a strainer, because each sip is focused on the tangy flavors alone.
Let’s grab our aprons and start making some of the best lemonade ever!
Tangy Turmeric & Mint Lemonade
- 3 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Fresh Turmeric (or Turmeric Powder)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2 cups Lemon Juice, about 10 lemons
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Granulated Cane Sugar
- Scrap the skin off of the fresh turmeric and chop the turmeric.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, pour in the water. Add in the chopped turmeric and fresh mint leaves. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile squeeze about 10-12 lemons to make 2 cups of fresh lemon juice.
- Stir in the honey and sugar to the turmeric/mint/water pot until they both dissolve.
- Add the water mixture into a blender and pulse for 1-2 minutes, or until all ingredients are combined.
- Using a strainer, pour out the water mixture into the lemon juice.
- Allow the lemonade to chill in the refridgerator until cold or add ice cubes. Serve and enjoy!
Hope you all enjoy! Happy Mother’s Day weekend to all those brave and courageous mothers out there! xxL