In all seriousness, these are The BEST S’mores Macarons in the whole universe! A funny fact is that they actually tastes even better the second day! Therefore, they are perfect to make ahead for family gatherings and/or celebratory parties with friends this Summer!
Back to the serious side of business… these were some of the easiest macarons that I have ever made, yet they look so complex and are sure to WOW your family & friends!
There is something so beautiful and luxurious about macarons. At first bite, these macarons are marvelously soft and chewy. The toasty-ness of the melted marshmallow pairs so perfectly with the graham cracker macaron. I went for gluten-free honey graham crackers (not sponsored, just love their taste) that I found at Whole Foods and they worked out SO AMAZING! I am sure though that almost all honey graham crackers would work just fine.
Just look HOW CUTE they are! UGH, I could’ve eaten the whole batch…
So, if you read my last blogpost, then you know that I am starting to share a small encouraging quote or phrase that I have been loving lately into each blogpost… Today, I wanted to share one by Levi Lusko…
“Let God bless your mess & turn it into a message” – Levi Lusko
Isaiah 58:11 insures us on how loving and merciful our God is towards us. Because, He absolutely has a PLAN FOR YOU and will more than definitely PERFECT THAT PLAN over HIS TIMING, and not our own. As long as we give our every moment in each day to God, allowing Him to lead the way, then we truly don’t have a need to worry. So, whether you are in the depths of misery or in a place of hiding from shame, allow God to use you this very moment by putting your complete faith & trust in Him.
You know what? These are perfect for families, couples, and singles that live in apartments and/or condos, yet want to entertain with a fun Summer gathering! I know that being in an apartment/condo can have it’s limitations to building a bonfire, so this is a great alternative!
Plus, I think your guest will be trying to come tomorrow to see if you have any leftover macarons! They are just SO GOOD 😉
It is time for us to grab our aprons & start baking! Only moments from biting into a macaron from Heaven!
The BEST S’mores Macarons
- 2/3 cup Almond Flour
- 1.5 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Graham Crackers, finely-grounded + more for garnishing
- 4 tbsp. Granulated Cane Sugar
- 3 Large Egg Whites
- 1/4 tsp. Cream of Tartar
- 10-20 Marshmallows
- 1 Bar of Chocolate, milk, semi-sweet, or dark
- Sift the finely-grounded graham crackers, almond flour, and powdered sugar into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, add together the egg whites and cane sugar. Place the bowl over a small pot of boiling water. Use an electric hand mixer to whisk together the egg whites and sugar for 2 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the heat, add in the cream of tartar, and whisk with the hand mixer for 5-8 minutes, or until soft peaks form.
- Fold the flour mix into the egg white mix with a spatula until fully incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. There should be no dry spots.
- Using a pastry bag, pipe 1" diameter circles onto a pan lined with parchment paper. Tap the pan on top of your countertop hard 3-4 times. Set aside for 30 minutes (not in the fridge).
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until a light brown shade has developed.
To Assemble S'mores Macarons:
- Option 1) Roast the marshmallow on a stick, then place inbetween two macaroons, then dip in chocolate and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Option 2) Cut the marshmallow in half and place the sticky end on the inside of one macaron. Using a kitchen torch, roast the marshmallow to your liking, then place the second macaron on top. Drizzle with chocolate and garnish with graham cracker crumbs.
Hope you all enjoyed this delicious treat as much as my family and I did! xxL