This truly is the BEST Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf Cake that I have ever had! It is very light, yet bursting with lemon-y flavor. It is very moist and soft inside, but has a nice little crunch for the crust to add to the texture. It is all around just plain deliciousness! Trust me, you will be sneaking back into your kitchen for seconds or even thirds!
A funny side note is that I actually just doubled my recipe from my Lemon Poppy Seed & Blueberry Glazed Donuts (Vegan) and replaced the vanilla extract with almond extract. I also add even LESS sugar and it was still sweet and yummy!
It is perfect for breakfast, a sweet snack, and of course dessert! You can never go wrong with a good lemon poppy seed recipe and this one is sure not to disappoint. Your family will be asking you to make it every morning… it will make your kitchen smell delightful, as well!
Time to grab our aprons and begin cooking deliciousness!
Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf Cake
- 2.5 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 6 tsp. Poppy Seeds
- 1/3 cup Granulated Cane Sugar
- 1.5 cups Full-Fat Canned Coconut Milk, (it is 2 cans using only the white coconut cream in each can)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Zest of 3 Lemons
- Juice of 3 Lemons
- 1/2 tsp. Almond Extract or Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, add together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, lemon zest, poppy seeds, and granulated cane sugar. Mix until all ingredients well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the white cream of the canned coconut milk, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, and almond extract.
- Fold the coconut milk mixture into the flour mixture using a large wooden spoon. Mix until evenly incorporated, no dry spots.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 1 hour. Allow the lemon poppy seed loaf cake to cool until warm to touch. (Optional: Drizzle with a powdered sugar/water glaze and thinly sliced lemons)
Hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I enjoyed eating it! xxL