Wowzers! This truly is the BEST (Vegan) Salted Caramel Sauce, because it tastes like a pot of gold! Drizzled on top of ice cream or inside an apple pie, you really can’t go wrong. It would even make an excellent sweetener for homemade granola.
I am always a huge fan of recipes (especially when it comes to dessert recipes) that taste heavenly, yet only take me a few minutes to make… and this salted caramel sauce took me less than 5 minutes to make! Granted, I did soak the dates in water overnight for an ultra creamy and thick caramel texture.
I made the most simple apple pie by mixing a variety of honey crisp, pink lady, and Granny Smith green apples with a decent amount of all spice in a bowl. Poured about 1/2 cup of this (Vegan) Salted Caramel Sauce on top and mixed it all together. Using my pie crust from my recipe here, I poured the filling into my prepared pie pan, baked at 400F for 30 minutes on the lower rack in the oven… and BAM… the most simplest (Vegan) Salted Caramel Apple Pie!! You have to give it a try, you will not be disappointed… especially if you add some vanilla bean ice cream along with it 😉
It is truly one of the easiest recipes out there and I just had to share it with you guys! Not much to it, but pure deliciousness. Therefore, let’s grab our aprons and start cooking!
The BEST (Vegan) Salted Caramel Sauce
- 7 Medjool Dates, pitted and soaked in water overnight
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup (or Honey)
- 1/2 cup Full-Fat Canned Coconut Milk (only the white part)
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. Maldon Sea Salt
- TIP: Soaking the dates overnight will create a smoother and more rich salted caramel sauce, but it is also optional.
- Blend together the coconut milk, dates, and maple syrup on a high speed until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Fold in the maldon sea salt. Pour into a glass container with a lid, and store in the refridgerator for up to 5 days.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and happy eating! xxL
Recipes you might enjoy: