The holiday season can often make us single-focused on prepping for those BIG dinners or lunches, or eating those scrumptious dessert leftovers. However, let’s be sure not to forget about our personal health through this season of celebration. I understand how busy we can get, so I’d like to introduce you to The EASIEST Chicken Ramen Noodles recipe that is packed with nutrition.
As most of us may know, chicken breasts are an EXCELLENT source of low-fat protein. Why is protein essential to our bodies? Protein helps our bodies maintain muscle mass, as well as build new muscle. Chicken is also a great source of phosphorus, vitamin B6, niacin, and selenium.
Now, broccoli? That little green tree not only adds the perfect texture and flavor to the ramen noodles, but it’s a very good source of vitamins K and C. To all my ladies, vitamin C builds collagen (hair, nails, skin, bones)! Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that protects the body from various damaging free radicals.
Finally, those ramen noodles add very much needed carbohydrates to your body that’ll boost your energy levels and (fingers-crossed) keep you active this busy holiday season.
To any college students or working adults, this recipe is a great meal prep idea. It can be reheated on the stove or in the microwave, and will retain its delicious flavors. Plus, who doesn’t love a nutritious, wholesome, TASTY & QUICK meal?!
Since we celebrated #NationalCookieDay all last week as we had our annual Cookie Week of 2019, I thought I might wind our sugar cravings down with a few hearty, savory meals. But no fear, because I have an EXTRA SPECIAL sweet holiday recipe releasing next week!!
No need for our aprons today, this quick and easy meal will be ready in a jiffy!
The EASIEST Chicken Ramen Noodles
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Boneless & Skinless Chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8-12 oz. Broccoli Florets, fresh or frozen
- 12 oz. Ramen Noodles, or two packets of instant ramen (without flavor packets)
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar or Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Honey or Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos or Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Flour
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves, minced (optional)
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add in the chicken and stir fry for about 5-8 minutes, until cooked through. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Add in the broccoli and stir fry for 1 minute. Add in a few tablespoons of water, cover with the lid, and cook until tender.
- In the meantime, place the ramen noodles in a bowl and cover with HOT water. Let soak until the noodles are soft.
- Make the sauce by whisking all ingredients together.
- Once the broccoli is bright green and cooked, add in the sauce. Cook until the sauce slightly reduces, about 1-2 minutes. Add in the chicken and ramen noodles (drained). Coat all ingredients in the sauce. Serve warm.
I truly hope you all enjoy this recipe! Happy holidays! xxL
More Recipes You May Enjoy:
The BEST Homemade Vegan Ramen Noodles (this one’s an oldie goldie)