Each bite is a little bit tangy, sweet, creamy, and oh so refreshing – this truly is The Easiest Key Lime Pie (with Olive Oil Graham Pie Crust) and it’s calling your name!
I have one set of grandparents that live in South Florida, so every time we visited in the summer months, we would go straight to one of our favorite Italian bakeries that made the most divine lemon meringue and key lime pies. So, this dessert has become like the epitome of summer. In fact, I’ll never forget the one time that we drove down there (a 10+ hour car drive) and my mom decided to get 3 whole pies to take back with us to NC – let’s just say only one made it back… now, there are no plastic forks allowed in the car during long drives LOL
Can I make Key Lime Pie in advance?
Yes! (and no lol) … I highly recommend making the pie crust in advance, then just storing it at room temperature after it’s completely cooled for filling the next day (I do this all the time to make it hassle-free day of). However, I would only add the filling the day you are eating it; otherwise, the crust will become soft. BUT – It’s still super tasty if you do end up having leftovers!
How do I serve Key Lime Pie (or what do I top it with)?
My family’s go-to frosting and pie topping for years has been the 7-minute Meringue, an egg white-based frosting that is the most heavenly thing on earth. However, I also have used heavy whipping cream to make homemade whipped cream when on a time crunch.
For the meringue, I will add 3 egg whites + 1/2 cup sugar in a double boiler, whisking until the sugar is dissolved, then transfer to a stand mixer to whisk on medium high speed for 10-15 minutes, or until stiff peaks!
Now, it’s time to grab our aprons and begin baking deliciousness!
The Easiest Key Lime Pie (with Olive Oil Graham Pie Crust)
For the Olive Oil Graham Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups Graham Crackers, pulse in blender until very fine crumbs
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Key Lime Pie:
- 3/4 cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt, preferably whole milk of 2%
- Two 14-oz cans of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Zest of 3 Limes, about 1 tablespoon
For the Olive Oil Graham Crust:
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Pulse the graham crackers sheets in a food processor or blender until very fine crumbs to make 1 1/2 cups (about 1 sleeve of crackers). Transfer to a bowl, then add in the olive oil and honey to mix until evenly distributed.
- Press into a 9"x1.5" pie pan to make a 1/4" thick crust. A little tip is to start from the edges and work your way into the bottom center.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
For the Key Lime Pie Filling:
- Simply mix all ingredients together until well combined. Pour into the prepared/half-baked crust, then bake an additional 12-15 minutes, or until the filling is almost set.
- Let it cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then transfer to the fridge to chill for 1-2 hours. Enjoy with freshly whipped cream or a soft meringue!
’till next time! xxL
If you loved this delicious recipe I would truly appreciate it so much if you would give a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram @brightmomentco. It always makes my day seeing y’alls creations!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
“The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.” ~ Lamentations 3:25-26