Any dinner plans in the making? Scratch that! This is the Ultimate Creamy Vegan Mac-N-Cheese recipe that is ready to serve in 20 minutes.
Each person has a few ingredients on their do-not-eat-or-else list… but that doesn’t mean they should miss out on the tasty flavors that life has to offer!
This is a DELICIOUS Mac-n-cheese recipe that is very satisfying, giving you a REAL cheesy experience, while keeping it easy on the stomach for dairy intolerant individuals.
Now, it is time to tie on our aprons and begin cooking deliciousness!
The Ultimate Creamy Vegan Mac-N-Cheese
- 16 oz. Dry Pasta
- 2 cups Cashews, roasted
- 1 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 3 cups Unsweetned Plant-based Milk, like almondmilk or oatmilk
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. (optional: Add 1 tsp. kosher salt to the water.) Cook the pasta until al dente, then drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, soak the cashews in hot water for 10 minutes to soften.
- In a frying pan over medium high heat, add in the olive oil. Then, toss in the diced onion and garlic cloves to saute for 3-5 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- Drain the cashews, then add into a food processor or high-speed blender. Add in the sauteed onions and garlic cloves, nutritional yeast, milk, dijon mustard, salt, chili powder, and smoked paprika.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Toss together the cooked/drained pasta and the creamy sauce to combine. Transfer to a large baking dish, then top generously with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
I truly hope you all enjoy this DELICIOUS Mac-n-cheese recipe that is bound to go down in history as one of the creamiest vegan pastas there is! ’till next time… xxL
“Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for God has already approved what you do.”
Ecclesiastes 9:7 (NIV)