Although I absolutely love to make everything from scratch, sometimes I just don’t have the time… therefore, I am always on the hunt to find little short cuts in my cooking that still consist of ONLY wholesome ingredients. When I came across Saffron Road’s Crunchy Chickpeas at Whole Foods… I was immediately captured! I knew these would be fantastic when making my Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps with Crunchy Chickpeas recipe!
This recipe hits the spot when you are in a rush, but still searching for a healthy and fulfilling meal! It literally took me less than 10 minutes to whip this deliciousness up … and I couldn’t have done it without a little help from Saffron Road with their Bombay Crunchy Chickpeas! It is super yummy with their Sea Salt Crunchy Chickpeas, as well.
Encouraging quote of the day is by Ravi Zacharias… a man who has such great wisdom!
“Love is hard work. It is the hardest work I know of, work from which you are never entitled to take a vacation.” – Ravi Zacharias
It is so true though. We are to not only love our family and friends, but the strangers (yet to be friends) that we encounter with on a daily basis.
One of the things that I love about Saffron Road is that they make their crunchy chickpeas with 100% Organic Chickpeas & no preservatives! It is always SO IMPORTANT to check the ingredients when buying snack foods at your grocery store.
+ You should NEVER feel guilty about buying snack foods and especially NEVER feel guilty when you are eating those snacks! Life if short and you should enjoy the blessings it has to offer!
+ I typically take these bad boys on road trips, because it gives a little added protein to my diet and satisfies my savory tooth.
BUT DID YOU KNOW that they have a NEW Salted Caramel Crunchy Chickpeas flavor?! I am obsessed… now I will definitely be taking those on my next road trip to satisfy my sweet tooth 🙂 Which crunchy chickpea flavor is your favorite?
No need for our aprons today 😉 … this will only take us a few minutes to whip together!
Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps with Crunchy Chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Saffron Road Crunchy Chickpeas, I recommend their Bombay or Sea Salt flavors
- 6 Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- 1 5oz. Albacore Wild Tuna Can
- 1/4 cup Veganaise or Fabanaise
- 1/4 Red Onion, finely minced
- 1 Celery Stalk, minced
- 1 Carrot Stick, minced
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Drain any liquids from the tuna can and place the tuna into a bowl. Add in the minced red onion, minced carrot, and minced celery. Add in the dijon mustard and veganaise or fabanaise, as well. Using a fork, mix together until all of the ingredients are well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, mash the avocado with the juice of 1 lime to make guacamole. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In each lettuce leaf, add a decently-sized scoop of the guacamole and then the tuna salad. Top with the Saffron Road Crunchy Chickpeas.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe and have a blessed day! xxL