I can’t believe it is already February! Wow! This month always tends to be absolutely chaotic for my family, so I have dedicated the majority of the recipes this month to being one-pot meals (except Thursday, I have a surprise for y’all). From family dinners to breakfast recipes, these one-pot meals are healthy, easy, and delicious! Starting off strong, I would like to introduce you to my Turkey & Sweet Potato Enchilada Skillet (One-Pot Meals).
All of the one-pot recipes this month are PACKED with flavor, using healthy ingredients that have purpose. When making one-pot meals, it can be easy to add a lot of artificial seasoning that adds no nutrients to the meal. However, we are steering CLEAR of that trend!
One reason this skillet is awesome is because it involves no seasoning and few ingredients. However, each ingredient adds crucial flavor that cooks together to make a flavorful skillet dish that is mouth-watering! Trust me, you will not be disappointed!
[You do not have to use a cast iron skillet, but to make it a one-pot meal, you will need to use a oven-safe stovetop cooking pan.]
When serving the enchilada skillet, I recommend garnishing with fresh spring onions, chopped cilantro or parsley, and a little dollop of plain greek yogurt for creaminess. Oh! Don’t forget the lime slice that adds the perfect kick of tartness.
This one is hard to photograph every delicious component BUT LET ME TELL YOU it is beyond tasty!!
It’s time to grab our aprons and begin cooking up deliciousness!
Turkey & Sweet Potato Enchilada Skillet (One-Pot Meals)
- 1 Yellow Sweet Onion, diced
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- 2 medium-sized Sweet Potatoes, finely diced & peeled
- 5 Corn Tortillas, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 cups Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a cast iron skillet or oven-safe pot, add in the olive oil and diced onion over medium high heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until translucent.
- Add in the finely diced sweet potatoes and cook for 8-10 minutes, until tender. Then, add in the ground turkey and cook another 5-6 minutes with a cover.
- Stir in the enchilada sauce, freshly chopped parsley, corn tortilla pieces, and 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Top with the remaining shredded cheese, then bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and/or parsley, lime slices, and plain greek yogurt.
I truly hope you all enjoy this one-pot dinner (or lunch) recipe! ’till next time! xxL