Woah! Okay, this Vanilla Bean Matcha Ice Cream Floats recipe was a real, pleasant shocker! I am so happy to say that it was a showcase recipe, not only was it beautiful to drink but it captures so many scrumptious flavors that will make you go back for seconds!
If you know anything about me, then you’ll know how much I LOVE MATCHA. I love swirling it in the batter of homemade brioche loaves, starting my colder mornings with a matcha latte (try it with macadamia milk! so good!), and now, matcha ice cream floats are my spring/summer edition favorite.
As a child, I vividly remember my brother and I begging my mom to buy orange soda to make ice cream floats during Summer break. She always tried to keep us on healthy diets (which I am so incredibly thankful for now), but sometimes she’d give in and let us just be kids! They were the best times!
Now, this is the best adult version of a healthy but still scrumptious ice cream float. It really can’t get much better than this!
I just had to film the process of making these ice cream floats because it is just so darn pretty!
If you make these floats with your family and friends, then I recommend making them on the spot with a little help from everyone. It’s wayyy more fun that way! You could go ahead and prepare the matcha “syrup” (you’ll understand what this is in the recipe), but I would only make it a maximum of 10 minutes in advance since the matcha powder tends to settle at the bottom. However, if the matcha does settle in the syrup then simply use a fork to whisk it back together! It is a fool proof recipe lol
Now, I believe it is time to grab our aprons and begin making deliciousness!
Vanilla Bean Matcha Ice Cream Floats
- 1 tsp. Sweetner, either honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. Ceremonial Matcha Powder
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1-2 cups Sparkling Mineral Water, plain
- 2 large scoops of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- In a small pot over medium heat, whisk together the water, sweetner, and matcha powder for 1 minute. Then, set aside to cool. This is your matcha syrup.
- In a glass, add in the two large scoops of vanilla bean ice cream. Then, pour the matcha syrup over the ice cream. Finally, add in the sparkling water until it fills the glass.
- Enjoy this deliciousness immediately 🙂
I truly hope you all enjoy this festive drink that will put you in the Spring mood! ’till next time! xxL