I have always been a huge fan of creamy sauces for pasta dishes, but have recently ditched them because they can tend to be unhealthy or very fattening. But here’s the thing I have realized… you never should have to ditch your favorite foods! So I grabbed my apron and began working on an ultra creamy vegan alfredo-like-but-better sauce for dinner … and BAM … I would like to introduce to you my Vegan Creamy Lemon and Rosemary Pasta!
One thing I would like to point out about this sauce is that it seems to be absorbed into the pasta if not served/eaten immediately. Now, don’t get me wrong, it is still delicious as leftovers … but it is best to be served immediately after the sauce has been poured over the pasta.
However, to overcome this obstacle, you could try adding in 2 cups of pasta water rather than 1.5 cups which should help it to keep that Alfredo-like sauce texture as long as possible!
With that little note put aside, dig into the BEST creamy vegan pasta you will EVER taste !!
Encouraging words of the day are from Proverbs 21:20 … “Precious treasure and oil are in a wise man’s dwellings, but a foolish man devours it” (ESV).
It is so fascinating how many times olive oil is mentioned or used throughout the Bible! In this verse specifically, I learned even more of the importance of being wise with our dwellings, whether it may be with the food in our pantry or the money in our wallets. All our dwellings are blessings/gifts from God to be treasured, not to be squandered away. Therefore, let us make this pasta dish with thankfulness for the ability to cook and eat of this goodness, while at the same time not over indulging/being gluttons whilst eating.
I mean.. come on! … that looks like creamy goodness in one single bite!
It’s time for us to grab our aprons and begin cooking deliciousness!
Vegan Creamy Lemon and Rosemary Pasta
- 2 cups Roasted and Unsalted Cashews, soaked in water at least 4 hours
- 2 tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Rosemary Leaves (about 3 rosemary sprigs)
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 14-16 oz Dry Pasta
- Important note: Soak the cashews at least 4 hours prior, preferably overnight.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions, or until al dente. Set aside 1.5-2 cups pasta water.
- In the meantime, place all remaining ingredients (garlic cloves, rosemary leaves, sea salt, cashews, nutrtional yeast, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil) into a high-speed blender or food processor. Pulse 2-3 times. Then, add in the pasta water and blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- Pour the creamy sauce over the pasta, garnish with additional lemon zest and rosemary leaves, and serve immediately.
Hope you all enjoy this recipe! xxL
You may also enjoy: