I’ve had our VEGAN Creamy Wild Rice, Mushroom, & Sauerkraut Soup three times now and I feel like it just keeps getting better every time… full of fresh flavors WITHOUT any artificial ingredients, NO sugar, and NO dairy! It’s the perfect dish to transition us out of this cold winter season into Spring
If you aren’t vegan, then I really recommend adding an over-medium egg or scrambled eggs on top of your bowl for a satisfying, heartwarming meal!
Now, a key ingredient to the robust flavors in this soup is Bubbie’s Naturally-Fermented Sauerkraut…
It’s made with NO preservatives, NO added sugars, and NO Vinegar. Therefore, you aren’t going to have that sour, tangy taste in the soup like normal sauerkraut. Instead, Bubbies’ Naturally-Fermented Sauerkraut adds subtle peppery notes with a little crunch.
Why are naturally fermented foods healthy for your body?
From kefir to yogurt to sauerkraut, naturally fermented foods help feed the “good” bacteria in your stomach, which may help improve your digestion and boost your immune system.
In fact, naturally-fermented sauerkraut is rich in fiber, minerals, and vitamins. The fermentation process creates these ultra-nutritious probiotics that may help your body absorb other nutrients more easily. For example, the sauerkraut in this soup may help your body more fully absorb the nutrients in carrots (like potassium, beta carotene, and fiber) and wild rice (like vitamin A, vitamin K, and vitamin C).
This soup would even pair amazing with my Garlic, Chive, & Sauerkraut German Pretzels!
I typically buy my favorite Bubbies products at my local Whole Foods Market, but you can find a location near to you here.
Now, it’s time to grab our aprons and begin cooking deliciousness!
VEGAN Creamy Wild Rice, Mushroom, & Sauerkraut Soup
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Sweet or Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Carrots, chopped
- 1 cup Celery, chopped
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves, finely minced
- 1 tbsp. Sage Leaves, chopped
- 16 oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup Bubbie's Naturally-Fermented Sauerkraut
- 1 1/5 cups Uncooked Wild Rice Blend
- 3 cups Almondmilk, unsweetened
- 48 oz. Vegetable Broth, add 16 oz more broth for a thinner soup texture
- 3 tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
- In a large soup pot, add in the olive oil to heat up for 1 minute over medium high heat.
- Add in the chopped onions, carrots, and celery to saute until tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add in the chopped garlic, quartered mushrooms, and chopped sage to cook until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the wild rice, then pour in the vegetable broth and almondmilk. Add in the salt and black pepper, then mix until evenly combined. Bring to a boil, then cover to simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid to the soup pot, then bring up the heat to medium heat. Sift in the flour, then whisk or stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Finally, stir in the sauerkraut.
- Cook uncovered for 10-20 more minutes, until desired thickness. Add salt and black pepper to taste, then enjoy warm.
I truly hope you all enjoy this creamy vegan soup recipe that has nestled its way into our hearts here in the ABM kitchen! ’till next time… xxL
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you loved this delicious recipe I would truly appreciate it so much if you would give a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #abrightmoment and tagging me @brightmomentco. It always makes my day seeing y’alls creations!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
“So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)