Galettes are one of my favorite Summertime desserts, because they are easy to make and delicious to eat! This Vegan Peach Galette surely doesn’t fall short of that glory with its sweet scrumptious peachy flavors. Garnish with fresh raspberries and a few scoops of vanilla bean ice cream for a luxurious touch!
I believe that the key ingredient for the galette’s crust is a little bit of almond extract. It adds a touch of nuttiness and brings home all the other flavors, as well as compliments the fresh peaches!
Of course, if you do not have almond extract, than no worries! It will still taste yummy!
Many may assume that you would want to let the peach galette cool completely before serving it with ice cream, but I am hear to tell you the opposite! Let the galette cool about 8-10 minutes, so that it is not scorching hot from being right of the oven. Then, add the fresh raspberries and vanilla bean ice cream and serve immediately!
The warm peach galette matches beautifully with the vanilla bean ice cream for THE perfect summer dessert combo!
It looks just as beautiful and scrumptious as it tastes!!!
I have TWO RECOMMENDATIONS for making this scrumptious galette:
- Roll out the galette’s crust dough as thin as you can. Try to shoot for 1/16″. Then, cut out a large circle and toss the scrapes. (Check out video)
- Place the crust immediately on your baking pan that has been lined with parchment paper. THEN you can add the peach mixture and fold up the crust. This will prevent the crust/dough from sticking to your clean surface that you rolled it out on & make life A TON easier! (Learn from my mistakes LOL)
Who’s ready for making this luxurious and delectable peach galette?!
VEGAN Peach Galette with Raspberries & Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. Almond Extract, you can also replace with vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 8-9 tbsp. Cold Water
- 4-6 Fresh Peaches
- 3 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Raspberries (Optional)
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine the all-purpose flour, sugar, cardamom, almond extract, extra virgin olive oil, and sea salt. Pulse until combined. Scrap down the sides, as well.
- Blend at a low speed. Add the cold water a tablespoon at a time, until a soft dough forms.
- Wrap the dough in saran wrap and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, thinly slice the peaches. Opt for 6 peaches if they are smaller, and 4 peaches if they are larger. Place the sliced peaches in a bowl with the maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Gently mix together.
- On a clean and floured surface, roll out the dough as thin as you can, about 1/8" to 1/16" thick. Cut out a large circular shape, set aside the scrap dough, and place the circular-shaped dough on your baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Start filling your galette with the sliced peaches, leaving 1" unfilled on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- (Optional) Brush with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with coarse sugar. If not vegan, you can use an egg wash.
- Bake 50-55 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Allow the peach galette to cool for 10-15 minutes. Garnish with powdered sugar, fresh raspberries, and vanilla bean ice cream. I recommend serving the galette warm.
Hope you all enjoy! Enjoy! xxL