To show my mom gratitude for Mother’s Day, I have made one of her favorite desserts, Yogurt Cheesecake. Growing up, I remember how much my mom loved to make a yogurt cheesecake whenever she found the time to. So I decided it was my turn to return the favor and make up my own recipe: Yogurt Cheesecake w Earl Grey Poached Pears & Peaches has arrived!
One of the MANY reasons I love this yogurt cheesecake is the ultra creaminess in each and every bite! Another reason is it is NOT overly sweet and loaded with sugar like the majority of cheesecakes! Another reason is the earl grey poached pears & peaches adds the perfect touch of freshness and natural sweetness to the yogurt cheesecake! Another reason is the light, airy, fluffiness of the yogurt cheesecake from the three indulgent base-ingredients! Another reason is the…. I think you get the point by now!
It. is. amazingly. delicious. yumminess.
Something interesting about this cheesecake is the fact that it literally is SO EASY! It looks like a complicated dessert that can only be served by professional chefs, but I am telling you that that assumption is absolutely wrong! It literally took me 10 minutes MAX to whip this cheesecake together and the remaining time was just me waiting! PLUS, it was all mixed together in a simple high-speed blender! You can’t get much easier than that!
How do you know when the Yogurt Cheesecake is done cooking? Some may ask and don’t worry because I had to do some researching too!
Since you can’t use a toothpick to see if the cheesecake is done cooking, like you would with cakes, it can be hard sometimes to know if your perfect cheesecake is perfectly cooked!
So here it is:
Tip #1: The cheesecake should have about 2 1/2″ around the edges that look firm and noticeably cooked.
Tip #2: The center SHOULD be wobbly. This confirms that your cheesecake is going to be ultra creamy!
Tip #3: Don’t overthink it by overbaking it! You got this!
Yogurt Cheesecake with Earl Grey Poached Pears & Peaches
- 14 oz. 2% Greek Yogurt
- 14 oz. Cream Cheese or Neufchatel Cheese
- 5 oz. Ricotta Cheese, whole milk
- 3 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Granulated Cane Sugar
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp. Almond Extract
- Grated Zest of 1 Lemon
For the crust:
- 1 3/4 cup Whole Cashews, roasted
- 18 Dates, pitted and ripe
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Cardamom
(Optional but Highly Recommended) For the Earl Grey Poached Pears & Peaches:
- 1/2 cup Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2 Earl Grey Tea Bags
- Peel of 1/2 Orange
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 Bartlett Pears
- 2 Peaches
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Using a tea towel, ring out the excess liquid in the greek yogurt.
- Using high-speed blender, pulse together the roasted cashews, pitted dates, cocoa powder, and cardamom. Pulse for about 4-5 minutes, continuously scrapping down the sides of the blender so that all ingredients are incorporated together. Set aside in a bowl at room temp.
- Pulse all the cheesecake ingredients together in a food processor or blender, until smooth and creamy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Line the bottom of a springform pan with parchment paper. Grease the sides of the pan with a little extra virgin olive oil and dust lightly with flour.
- Pat down the crust mixture into the springform pan until even.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the crust mixture.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. Leave the cheesecake in the pan and allow to cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover the pan and allow it to chill in the refridgerator for 4 hours to overnight.
For the Earl Greay Poached Pears & Peaches:
- In a large pot, bring 5-6 cups of water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add in the earl grey tea bags, fresh mint leaves and orange peel. Allow the ingredients to infuse for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Bring to a boil, once again, and stir in the honey. Add the peaches and pears. Stir occasionally for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow the peaches and pears to cool for 10-15 minutes, or until you can peel the skin.
- Dice the pears and peaches to place on top of the cheesecake, when ready to serve. Drizzle with a little honey and enjoy!
Tell your mother or someone you admire how much love them! And let’s start a chain of kindness! xxL