There are always those days that time seems to slip through your fingertips and it’s dinner before you know it! That’s when I pull out this 10 minute, protein packed, Zesty Lemon Broccoli Quesadillas recipe. Crispy, cheesy, and delicious!
Are quesadillas healthy?
As I always say, it’s not the recipe title, but the recipe ingredients that play a fundamental role in determining if it’s “healthy.” Similarly, it’s the ingredients you buy that are even more important! If possible, buy high-quality products that are made with clean ingredients. Also, look at the food label to see the macros (such as high protein and low sodium %) and ensure it has no preservatives, etc.
Now, if you know me then you know my love for Siete Foods. I absolutely love their Cassava Flour Tortillas as they made with wholesome ingredients, high in protein, and are pretty low calorie (which means more quesadillas!)
Let’s skip the aprons today! Instead, pop a can of sparkling water and enjoy the simplicity of this 10 minute lunch / dinner recipe!
Zesty Lemon Broccoli Quesadillas
- 1/2 cup Broccoli Florets, finely chopped
- 2 Tortillas
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese, vegan or regular
- 1/2 Lemon, zest & juice
- 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt, to taste
- Avocado, sliced (for serving)
- Lemon Wedges (for serving)
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper or lightly grease with olive oil.
- Toss together the lemon juice, lemon zest, finely chopped broccoli florets, red pepper flakes, and a dash of salt. Broil (500F – 550F) in the oven for 5-7 minutes, until tender and crisp.
- In a frying pan over medium high heat, warm up the olive oil for 1 minute. Add in the first tortilla to cook for 1-2 minutes (until golden brown spots) then flip the tortilla. Evenly spread the shredded mozzarella cheese on the tortilla, then the roasted broccoli. Cover with the second tortilla.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes (until golden brown on that side), then carefully flip the quesadilla to cook an additional 2-3 minutes. Serve warm with lemon wedges and slices of avocado. Enjoy!
I truly hope you all enjoy this extremely quick and satisfying quesadilla recipe! ’till next time… xxL
“For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.“
Galatians 1:10 (ESV)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If you loved this delicious crostini recipe I would truly appreciate it so much if you would give a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #abrightmoment and tagging me @brightmomentco. It always makes my day seeing y’alls creations!