Brownies are magical… they can end a sibling fight, they can bring together family after a long day, they can bring a smile to a stranger’s face, they can bring comfort to a neighbor… brownies are an all around crowd pleaser. My Vegan Salted Caramel […]
My Peach & Blueberry Farm-Style Skillet Pie is a great way to send off Summer with sweet goodness!! Grabbing all the end-of-season Summer fruits at my local famers market, this farm-style pie is so easy to make! With only minutes of preparation, the remaining of […]
Although Summer is coming to an end, that doesn’t mean all those detox juices need to go into hiding! My Lemon, Cucumber & Apple Detox Juice is absolutely delicious and a perfect transitional juice for the Fall Season. It is sweet from the freshly-picked green apples with a little tanginess from the lemon.
So you may ask, how is this a detox juice?
Cucumber is major player in promoting hydration and is even known to aid in weight loss! Cucumbers are very low in calories yet jam packed with nutrients.
Lemons are a big component in supporting a healthy heart, as well as digestive health. Once again, promoting hydration, supporting weight loss, improving skin health, and is even known to prevent kidney stones.
Fun fact… green apples are so full of antioxidants that they will keep your skin elastic… fighting off the aging process! Green apples are also known to combat acne, and provide a boost of Vitamin C.
No need to grab your aprons today, this will only take 5 minutes !!
Lemon, Cucumber & Apple Detox Juice
- 1 English Cucumber
- 4 Green Apples
- 1 large Lemon
- Option 1: Chop up the ingredients into quarters, or smaller pieces, for an easier juicing. Juice using an actual juice machine as normal.
- Option 2: Chop up the ingredients into quarters, or smaller pieces, for an easier juicing. Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender, then blend on high until smooth. Strain the mixture with a tea towel.
I hope you all enjoy this detox juice !! xxL
I have always been a huge fan of creamy sauces for pasta dishes, but have recently ditched them because they can tend to be unhealthy or very fattening. But here’s the thing I have realized… you never should have to ditch your favorite foods! So […]
Lately, I have been obsessed with chili powder. Because I am not a huge fan of spicy foods and I thought it would be ultra spicy, I would typically try to steer away from dishes with it… then, a few months ago I decided to face my food fears and incorporate it in a few dishes… now I can’t get enough of it! As you see in these Easy Hawaiian Chicken Tacos, chili powder is almost a magical seasoning that will add so much flavor to your meals!
I added the descriptive word “easy” in the title of this recipe, because I wanted to emphasize how EASY this recipe is! It is truly simple as you just rub the 4 spices onto your chicken, cook it, then bake it with diced pineapple and red onion. And not to mention the flavor combination, but WOW! There is so much flavor bursting out of this dish, that each bite is sure to be crowd pleasing!
Honestly, I would eat just the chicken mix alone or serve with some rice or quinoa. It would be perfect for meal prepping, as well! A little side note – I had our leftovers the following day, and it was even delicious cold! The flavors must have absorbed into the chicken overnight, as well, because it tasted like it had even more flavor than the previous night! Can this recipe get any better?!
It’s time to grab our aprons and begin cooking up deliciousness!
Easy Hawaiian Chicken Tacos
- 1.25 lb Chicken Breasts or Chicken Thighs, boneless & skinless
- 1.5 cups Fresh Pineapple, finely diced
- 1/2 Red Onion, minced
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp. Honey Mustard or Dijon Mustard (optional)
- 6-8 Corn Tortillas
- Your favorite taco toppings, such as coleslaw, tomatoes, cotija cheese, etc.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Bring a pan over medium high heat to be slightly warm.
- In the meantime, add the chicken, extra virgin olive oil, honey, mustard, chili powder, cumin, and sea salt to a large bowl. Use your hands to rub the spices into the chicken.
- Place the chicken into the heated pan (it will sizzle), and then pour the remaining marinade over the chicken. Cover with a lid and cook for 10-20 minutes, depending on size of chicken, or until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, use two forks to shred the chicken.
- In a large bowl (or on the baking pan), toss together the finely diced pineapple, minced red onion, and shredded chicken. Evenly distribute the mix onto the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately by evenly distributing the chicken into your tortillas. Then, serve with your favorite taco toppings, such as coleslaw, fresh pineapple, spring onions, cheese, and so on!
Hope you enjoy this recipe! xxL
Delicious recipes you may enjoy, as well: